Now a story...

Talk about game designs and what goes behind designing games.
KunoNoOni

Now a story...

Post by KunoNoOni »

I know it may seem odd the way I'm doing this but there is a method to my madness...

I'm going to tell you a story, its not going to be too long and by no means do you need to have read my first post here.

In 2007/2008 my D&D group finished a campaign, it was a good campaign that last almost a year. I really don't remember how we got on the topic of different rpg games but shadowrun was brought up. Our DM used to play it back in the day and really wanted to play it again. But he didn't want to run it. So I said that I would run it, and I went out one day and purchased the rulebook. I also purchased all the other hardcovered book for the game too. I even went as far as to make my own shadowrun dice.

<side note>In shadowrun you roll a bunch of six sided dice, as my friends say :), a 5 or 6 is a hit and a 1 is a glitch (ie thats bad). If you roll too many 1's then you can get a critical glitch(ie thats very bad). 2,3,4 are misses.</side note>

I ran them through a few missions, about 4 or 5 I believe then we stopped. We started in the spring of 2009, then we stopped again. Sadly the last adventure I ran them through was never finished.

Well that's my story...

-KunoNoOni

*just wait the whole point is coming in the next post. think of it as dramatic flair ;)

Return to “Game Design”