Abyssal Engine

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Abyssal Engine

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

The Abyssal Engine is a powerful professional game creation tool kit and rendering system for creating quality games. All aspects of the technology is designed to reduce development time while empowering developers with a strong suite of tools they need to produce great visual effects and immersive worlds.
Anyone used this yet? How is it?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Abyssal Engine

anyone heard of anyone using it, any project?
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

We have I believe, think Raven played with it for a bit. There was something bad regarding this engine, not related to the engine but the business around it if I remember correctly. May have been another though, been out of the engine market for a moment now.
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

kewl thanks I will ask Raven about it
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if there is something wrong with the business around it considering the company who is running it ;)

Also, it is very expensive to not have a single MMO demo available and no listed projects underway. If you want people to buy into it, you would think they would at least create a zone that people could log in to, and if not that, I would want to see a list of some companies using it with links to show off their progress. That way you could at least know some other projects reviewed it and feel it is in their best interest. So basically it is unproven, without even any data as to what the technology can support.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Yeah you are correct. Very sketchy...

I did talk them into lowering their price for everyone from $300 to $100 :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Yeah you are correct. Very sketchy...

I did talk them into lowering their price for everyone from $300 to $100 :)
To be fair, it is much less sketchy for single-player RPGs. They do offer a trial download, so not much problem there. But the MMO package just doesn't sound right at all. No forum I am aware of, no MMO demo, no list of teams using it or games in development, and it costs $5,000 per seat. For that same price, you could get 25 Hero Engine seats!
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “3d Engines”