Indie Game Engine

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
MikeyUchiha

Re: Indie Game Engine

Post by MikeyUchiha »

So how much is the Elite version going to cost? I really want to create an MMORPG and if you're going to be allowing us to have something that can do that out of the box, then you'll be able to compete against RC, Big World, and Hero Engine. :D
davidc088

Post by davidc088 »

I thought u were helping with fs
Go to Gamers Feed for all of your Gaming news and rumors. http://www.gamers-feed.com/

Tony Richards

Post by Tony Richards »

@Mikey - The Elite licenses are negotiated on a case by case basis as the license may also include professional consulting services, and custom game engine / MMO middleware development in addition to the base game engine. For the Elite license, there is no "one size fits all" solution, and the price reflects that.

At this point we've set the final pricing for the Educational, Hobbyist, Professional and Source licenses at $0, $99, $349 and $999. Note that the source license is a per title license, and the others are per developer. More details are available on the forums.

One of the many promising games being developed with this engine is AIR Steampunk RPG and they've recently released their updated website. If the game looks anywhere near as nice as the website, this will be an awesome game. I personally know the game designer (a professor a SCAD) and he's doing a fantastic job. The RPG is a skill based system with a map of 48 professions... intensive, complex, and shaping up to be a fantastically fun game to play if you're into the Steampunk and piracy / commerce / trade type games.

Return to “3d Engines”