Online Wrestling

Have a project in the works but not much media? How about an idea you are turning into a project? Maybe a game design document you want to start with. This is the place.
alexrules01

Online Wrestling

Post by alexrules01 »

With starting then stopping, then starting again, I have got my current project to a very basic, playable game.
I used to play a very similar game, but the game, with all complaints from people was hardly ever updated, just new features added.

The name could do with a change, but for now its called Online Wrestling

The game will consist of a player creating a wrestler, who fights against other opponents. You have 5 styles: Offensive, Defensive, Agility, Technical and Special. Within these 5 styles, you have four skills to level. These skills will help you win your matches!
In its bare form, it is a skill levelling game, but I will be hoping to develop and introduce Federations. Each player will be able to join a federation, where every member of the federation can interact with eachother and roleplay out their characters and create a wrestling show (Like what you see on TV, just text-based). People can live out their fantasies as some big, strong buff powerhouse, who is the biggest star of the world!

The game is at its very basic stages. I hope to create a match engine that is more complex and try and balance out every skill a wrestler has.

I don't know how many people can access it, or for how long, but I have uploaded the game to 000webhost, so maybe some people can check it out and click around.
Some things may be confusing, I have to start writing a FAQ section, but you need experience to level your styles. You get experience from matches.

Heres the link: http://wrestlingproject.net76.net/login.php

Any feedback greatly appreciated, and if anyone would like to contribute anything, I'd be more than happy to here what you have to say :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Online Wrestling

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

website under review.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:
website under review.
It seems to be back up :) Hopefully that means it didn't look game-related enough when they reviewed it to take it down.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
alexrules01

Post by alexrules01 »

Jackolantern wrote:
hallsofvallhalla wrote:
website under review.
It seems to be back up :) Hopefully that means it didn't look game-related enough when they reviewed it to take it down.
Strange, I never saw that message and have been on there many times. Must have only been down for a bit

And it sounds like a bad thing that its back up, if it doesn't look like a game lol.
Zyviel

Post by Zyviel »

Jackolantern wrote:
hallsofvallhalla wrote:
website under review.
I have a web site hosted on Godaddy (the unlimited bandwidth choice) which I pay for. But I have wondered if one of the games I put on my site was heavily played, if Godaddy would have a problem with the stain it might put on their servers?
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Is e-mail necessary?

I made it a non requirement in my game (though a surprising number of people fill it out anyway)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

alexrules01 wrote:And it sounds like a bad thing that its back up, if it doesn't look like a game lol.
LOL, I just meant the scripts powering it, not the design. If a game is simple/still under development and doesn't look like your typical resource-hogging game (yet), free hosts will often overlook it. However, if it does, then you get banned pretty much instantly.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I have several domains(around 30) and games hosted on godaddy and have had a conversation with their president. They don't care what you do.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:I have several domains(around 30) and games hosted on godaddy and have had a conversation with their president. They don't care what you do.
Paid hosts tend to be much more cool with games, however, it is pretty much an unspoken rule that free hosts are not. They have to get as many views as possible for every bit their servers crunch, and they see games as wasted resources. But once you are paying for your hosting, you yourself are offsetting the costs of the resources your game is using :)
alexrules01

Post by alexrules01 »

Jackolantern wrote:
alexrules01 wrote:And it sounds like a bad thing that its back up, if it doesn't look like a game lol.
LOL, I just meant the scripts powering it, not the design. If a game is simple/still under development and doesn't look like your typical resource-hogging game (yet), free hosts will often overlook it. However, if it does, then you get banned pretty much instantly.
Ahh ok lol. I was just using it to see how webhosting worked. I wanted to understand how you connect a database, FTP etc.
Callan S. wrote:Is e-mail necessary?

I made it a non requirement in my game (though a surprising number of people fill it out anyway)
Na its not. I am just using the register form from Hall's tutorials :)

Return to “Project Showoff Tier I”