Gliffy

A topic built around all the best posts and information from the site. It includes informative posts, links to resources, tips, tricks, ect... Do not post here unless it will become a resource based post.
tboxx

Gliffy

Post by tboxx »

Not sure if this has been posted but Gliffy looks like a pretty cool set of tools for designing games.

It lets you create:

Flow Charts
Network Diagrams
Floor Plans
Org Charts
Venn Diagrams
SWOT Analysis
Wireframes
Site Maps
UML
Business Process Modeling
Technical Drawings

No cheap though I guess. If you share an account on a good sized project it is probably worth it. http://www.gliffy.com/examples/
Elvar

Re: Gliffy

Post by Elvar »

If you are on Mac, have a look a OmniGraffle, it is one of the best programs i have used for Software Design. :)
tboxx

Post by tboxx »

What is with these odd names!?!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

tboxx wrote:What is with these odd names!?!
They are easily trademarkable, that trademark is easily defendable, and it is unlikely you are infringing on anyone else's name ;) That is also why we get names like Google, Yahoo!, Zoosk, Twitter, etc. It is highly unlikely anyone has ever used them before in a product, and you can essentially claim it in all uses for yourself.

Some of the older names of computer-related companies like "Microsoft" and (in particular) "Apple" are too simple, too common and can cause problems. In fact, Apple Computer got in trouble with The Beetles' "Apple Corps", and it resulted in a lengthy, back-and-forth battle. While Apple Computers did not lose significant money in settlements, they surely spent massive amounts of capital fighting it, particularly in the early 2000's when the last leg of the battle threatened the entire future of iTunes and the iPod.

Anyway, back on topic, that looks cool! I have been looking for a couple of the features on there, and may need to check this out :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Thanks for the heads up on these!

Return to “Resources”