Dawn of the Tyrant

General Discussion on the Unity Engine.
SpiritWebb

Dawn of the Tyrant

Post by SpiritWebb »

I found this on YouTube. This guy is building an entire MMORPG using Unity. The people shown in the game, are placeholders, thats why they all look the same...but as you can see, it is VERY possible to do a networked game. Right now, he is using the built in Networking tools that Unity offers. I thought I would share this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xf4I1ODpbQ[/youtube]

OldRod

Re: Dawn of the Tyrant

Post by OldRod »

Wow, interesting!

I know a few people are trying MMOs with Unity, but they are using SmartFox for their networking. Didn't know anyone trying it in plain Unity. Have to keep an eye on this one :)
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

OldRod wrote:Wow, interesting!

I know a few people are trying MMOs with Unity, but they are using SmartFox for their networking. Didn't know anyone trying it in plain Unity. Have to keep an eye on this one :)
For testing purposes he is using the built in Networking option. He said when it comes down to finally releasing it, he will be using either SmartFoxServer Pro, or another one, I cannot remember. But he is trying both options.

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

man you guys are going to get me to pick unity back up :)
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:man you guys are going to get me to pick unity back up :)
LOL...I cannot help it. This is the best engine I have used...plus it doesnt use up a lot of resources. Cannot help it, to promote it!! :) :P

Return to “General Unity”