Web Arena

Have a project in the works but not much media? How about an idea you are turning into a project? Maybe a game design document you want to start with. This is the place.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Web Arena

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

No images as off yet. Just more of an announcement and to get some feedback and suggestions.

I am working on a Arena/Gladiator style game for the community. This will eventually be open sourced for all to have and use but during the building process it will be a game for the IR community to enjoy and compete. It is basically a Slave to Hero type game. You go to the auction and buy slaves then battle in an arena against NPCs and other players.
You win prize money with each battle. Every battle is to the death and there is perm death. Any character above level 3 can possible be resurrected but only limited times and EVERY dead character can be turned undead and will can then be bought again by any player in the auction. Even the Arena will buy some and send them against players.

There are two in game chat windows. One for world chat and the other for the arena. It is text based with pics. Drag and drop inventory. There is also top down map of the arena to show the fighters but that may come a bit later. You can train the fighters, equip them, ect..

It is going to be much like Sparticus but a more fantasy setting. You can buy Humans, Goblins, Dwarves, Baby Dragons, ect.. all depending on whats at the auction. The more fame you gain the better the auction you can attend. There will be special invite only auctions as well.

The list of features and ideas spread on but I got to code some more. :)
vitinho444

Re: Web Arena

Post by vitinho444 »

Seems cool, i played lots of gladiatus back in the day and i loved it for the auctions on items and stuff, it was very cool
I didn't get one thing, we (the players) buy slaves, and those slaves have perm death, then we can buy more right?

Will it be close development? Also what languages will you use?
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Yes you will constantly buy slaves. You can own multiple depending how rich and powerful you get. Slaves must be fed and housed so got to balance owning what you can afford.

The source will not be open until we have played it and tested it here.

I am using Javascript, Jquery, Jquery-UI, Twitter bootstrap, PHP via Ajax, and MySql.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I like it! Sounds very cool :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
TheElk

Post by TheElk »

Very Interesting 8-)

Cant wait to see how it turns out.
Home of Battle of the Juggernauts & Killer Raceway....
http://www.mysteriousstudios.net/
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Nice project, specially as you seems to invest quiet some in the client side (JS) and you know I'm doing basically the same. So can't wait to see something, and if you need help (art, code wise) let me know maybe I can help.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Thanks for the offer. I took a short break to get moved and stuff but will be back on it soon.

Return to “Project Showoff Tier I”