I miss game development :(

Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I miss game development :(

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

ugh I miss it so much. I am so darned busy. I literally work from 7am to 7pm 6 days a week just trying to keep up. I mean I am glad for the work as the economy sucks and any job is a good job and I am working towards making my career better but GOD I want to make a game!!!

K just thought I would cry some and share my experience as those of you with time do not waste it. Build build build!!!
SpiritWebb

Re: I miss game development :(

Post by SpiritWebb »

I understand! I was recently let go from my manager position. This new job, if everything works in my favor, which it has so far, will consume all my time like it has with you! If curious, I start training/school for OTR driving with USA Truck.

OldRod

Post by OldRod »

I hear ya!

From mid June through mid August is my busiest time of the year every year. 7 days/week, 12-13 hours/day (or more). It wears on you.
leruman

Post by leruman »

Let join the crowd 8-)

Currently working like expat in one of Arabic countries 6 days in week, 10 - 11 hours. Good for money and career not good for free time and working on my game.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

hehe glad I am not the only one then. Well maybe not glad others dont have time but good to have work I suppose. I am hoping all in my area gets caught up within a month and I can be back in development. Maybe sooner. I am also taking a week off so will have some time to really whip some things up.
espe

Post by espe »

BRO and i just cant program, but got some time :|
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel! It is one thing to be crazy busy for a while, but another when you sit down and realize the next 10 - 15 years are likely looking like this. Being insanely busy for a while just makes you appreciate free time that much more, whereas years of having no free time make you want to find a new job :P
The indelible lord of tl;dr
dbest

Post by dbest »

I have been so busy of late that I even work on the weekends with relatively less time for family, hence cannot afford to spend time on games. :(
Wish there were more hours in a day...
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

I know where you are coming from Halls. This is what plagues the many game development forums across the internet. People working on projects, but life always seems to creep in somewhere. I take it as life. In life stuff happens and we go with it. :D I miss developing games and working on an active game with others.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Return to “Off-Topic”