Indie-Resource Web Site Hosting

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Indie-Resource Web Site Hosting

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Okay after digging into it and doing some research and really thinking about it I have decided to not go crazy and just offer the following plans to members

IR Small Indie Plan
150 megs Disk Space
2 gigs of bandwidth a month
Cpanel
Price: $1 a month

If I get 10 people to sign up then I will up the bandwidth and space for the same price, 250 megs disk space, 3 gigs bandwidth
if I get 20 sign ups then I will up it to 400 megs disk and 5 gigs bandwidth all for $1 a month and will offer a bigger plan for a little more.

Even with 20 people at $1 I am still behind but do not mind covering the extra. Just want to help the community as much as possible. It is $1 a month with no contract, or obligations. You make an atleast $1 donation to the below per month
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... JS4D2B89BG

and then shoot me an email or IM with your domain and I will send you the name servers to point your domain to and setup your account which can take 24 hours.

Remember you will need to buy your own domain! They are cheap though.

If you have a basic site or game I doubt you will need more than 2 gigs bandwidth or 150 megs space. My average games are 1-30 megs. The bandwidth on even my most popular game is less than 1 gig a month. I think IR with 350,000 requests a month is pulling 3 gig bandwidth. All my games sites ect.. are 7 gigs and that is a ton because I literally have a ton of games, forums, ect.. If you do run into bandwidth issues we can increase where needed.
Elvar

Re: Indie-Resource Web Site Hosting

Post by Elvar »

Sounds like a cool bonus, for member, very cheap. Looking at the price, i guess this is not virtual pc's but virtual host? With no SSH. Would really like SSH for node, mongodb etc. Then this would be very interesting :lol:
Jackolantern

Re: Indie-Resource Web Site Hosting

Post by Jackolantern »

Yeah, mongo and node hosting would be quite a bit more costly to provide since you can only have a fraction as many VPS as you can have shared web hosts on a box. This is purely a shared web host.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”